Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

I want to tell all who see this email just how thankful I am for them, without all of your love and support this past year I don't think I would have made it. Marilyn asked me what I had learned this last year and I have been thinking about that subject every day since she asked. I would say the biggest thing that I learned is that Heavenly Father has a plan not just the general plan but a plan for each of us and when we are told by the Prophet that he know us; I know that he does. I am so grateful for this last year and the personal growth that I have had. I am also thankful for the life I had with Ron and the love that we shared. I am thankful for all of you and your support and love. Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!!



This is the appetizers before the dinner. Brian said that today was the national eat day. So we did. We started at 8:00 this morning and this was our 11:00 meal and then at 2:30 we had the real dinner. It was fun.









This picture is of Melanie, Michael and Michelle we were playing a game and eating of course.












"Oh I ate to much" Brian said and then I replied We haven't even had dinner yet. Austin is ready to go for anything. How about playing "Sorry" his favorite game.


Our Turkey was so juicy when we were carving it the juices ran down the front of the cabinet and onto the floor. Abby(the dog) was so excited she just stood right there and licked it up. What she didn't realize is that the juice was dripping onto her ears and side of her body. So even though she got a bath this morning now she has to have another one, but I really don't think she would care. She was in heaven.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I love all the photos. It looked like a wonderful day. I also loved the picture of Brian in SHORTS...it is about 25 degrees here right now I cannot even imagine wearing shorts. (Ha) We love you Karen very much.

Julie said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I agree with Abby, the shorts made me laugh. It's in the twenties here too and actually snowed on Thanksgiving when we were out all bundled up frying our turkey.